Today I’m sharing my Top 5 Tips for Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale happens once a year and it’s basically Christmas in July. July also happens to be my birthday month and G’s so it’s the greatest month ever! Fall clothing, accessories, cosmetics and shoes are released in July and marked down for a few short weeks. When the sale ends the items are marked up to original retail price. This year’s sale runs from July 12 – August 6. I’ll be sharing five important tips and tricks for making the most out of the sale. I shop this sale every year because the prices are incredible and fall essentials are abundant!! This is often when I stock up on long sleeve tees, skirts, booties, new handbags and other fall pieces I’ll be wearing come September. A large part of my work wardrobe also comes from this sale!
- Their are 3 separate shopping dates you’ll need to know. July 12th is a shopping day for level 4 customers only – those who hold a Nordstrom card and have spent at least $10,000 at Nordstrom in a year. July 13-20 is referred to as Early Access where anyone with a Nordstrom Debit (no longer offered to new card holders) or anyone with a Nordstrom Credit Card (you can apply for these day of – online or in store) may shop the sale with a Nordstrom card. July 21-August 6 is the period where anyone may shop the sale with or without a Nordstrom card. This period is referred to as the Public Sale Period. On August 7th prices go up to the original retail value.
- Get a Nordstrom card. Unfortunately the Nordstrom debit card is no longer being offered, however all Nordstrom cards help you to earn points towards Nordstrom notes (a gift card towards purchases). At Christmas time I will buy all of mine and G’s family’s gifts with my Nordstrom card on the same day and end up earning $200 of Nordstrom cash to spend. So, it’s a pretty incredible card as far as rewards are concerned.
- Set up an appointment with a personal shopper and ask them to pull things for you that you have seen online, in the catalog or in the store that you are interested in. I love to be able to try on everything even if eventually I will buy it online. Personal shoppers can be incredibly helpful in pulling exact and similar pieces to try on.
- Plan a lot of time to browse the store or the Nordstrom website. The sale offers incredible deals on shoes, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, clothing, home and accessories and it’s a good idea to allow yourself time to check out each section of their store/website so that you don’t miss wardrobe staples and incredible deals. I seriously spend at least 5 hours in store every year and many hours online as well!
- Take a break to eat if you are in store. Shopping can be exhausting and a large glass of water and a good meal can help you clear your head and find the best pieces and deals without causing you to feel overwhelmed. The Nordstrom restaurants are incredible so if you’re able to shop in a store with one enjoy!
Remember Nordstrom has an incredible return policy so if you get something home and are not absolutely loving it take it back! I don’t believe in keeping things I don’t love and neither should you. No one wants to have a hum drum wardrobe!!! Keep your wardrobe beautiful and exciting!
Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Shopping Lovelies!
p.s. Stay tuned for my top 20 outfit picks coming up later tonight!!!